Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21: Inside/outside

A blue sky blue lips day, sunny but chilly. I tried to open a window so I could enjoy the spring air while I worked, which the cat seemed to appreciate, but I had to close it after a few minutes. So the cat hung out on a patch of sun behind the glass door, looking out on the front lawn, tail twitching. A squirrel came by audaciously close, and she flung herself against the door. Later, a cat wandered up the walk, and she threw herself against the door with such vigor I screamed, thinking someone was trying to break in. I shut the door, and now she's peering out from under the blinds, looking out at the dark street, waiting to respond to the next intruder.

Cat on the inside,
cat on the outside.
Restlessness of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment