Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 26: Guacamole

Dinner with good friends at another favorite restaurant, El Camino in Brunswick. For starters, home-made chips, salsa, and guacamole. Squash and peppers tacos for dinner. Chocolate and chili pot de creme and maple flan for dessert. We discussed what three foods we'd want to have on a desert island, and I was reminded of a winter when I spent a month camping in the Sonoran desert of Arizona and practically lived on tortilla chips and guacamole we made each day from good, fresh, inexpensive local avocadoes (and special Coronas from right over the border).

If stranded on a desert island
one food I'd wish with me:
fresh guacamole with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to bother you, but I am really enjoying your posts, and poems. I love guacamole too. This made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know this one doesn't have a lot of the natural world in it, but sometimes I just get moved by other things--like really good guac!

      Delete