Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18: Carrying eggs

Feeling ill with an incipient cold, I went into work this morning only because I had to; the committee I co-chair was having its monthly meeting. But I fully intended to come home right after the meeting and go back to bed. Well, as things go, I felt a little better as the morning wore on and then got caught up in things, so I ended up working the whole day. Now that I'm home, however, the cold is catching up with me--sore throat, headache, achey joints. Whine and sniffle. It's just a cold, but some days the body just feels so over-sensitive, so fragile. I want to tell it to just toughen up already, a cold virus is nothing; does mind over matter ever work? Instead, I just take more cold meds and huddle on the couch.

A dozen fresh eggs.
I carry them gingerly,
aware of my own fragile shell.

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, and I know what you mean. I found you through your husband's blog. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete