Thursday, August 16, 2012

August 16: Thunder

Awakened in the middle of the night by a very loud thunderclap, followed by more rumblings and the rush of a downpour. I say "middle of the night" but the sky was lightening and I had no real idea what time it was. The clock seemed to say 5:00 a.m.-ish (I can barely see without my contacts in), so after I got up and unplugged my computer (my one conditioned response to a thunderstorm), I was able to crawl back in bed and fall asleep for a little while longer. The cat seemed utterly unconcerned. Which I find interesting, because some loud noises do get her attention--she'll at least look up when a motorcycle goes by, for example. And just now she reacted a bit spastically to the honkings of a flock of geese flying over, anxiously rushing to the window to see what the clamor was. But thunderstorms apparently don't faze her.

Ah, to be a cat
and be able to sleep through
thunder, anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment