Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19: Open window

Such a beautiful day today that by mid-afternoon I opened my office window to let in some air. I think it was warmer outside than in. Not a minute later, I heard the buzz of a fly ricocheting around the room. I guess if it's warm enough to crack open the windows, it's warm enough to need to replace the screens.

Outside the office, the resident pair of Canada geese spent the morning grazing on the lawn near the dam, and later, I saw them paddling on the completely ice-free river. A couple of fishermen stopped by on their lunch breaks to test the waters, but didn't appear to have any success.

After work while on my run I saw a woman out on her patio grilling burgers.

Despite the night's chill
I keep the window open
a few minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment